Features, Advantages & Disadvantages of Polycrystalline Solar Panel
POLYCRYSTALLINE SOLAR PANEL – FEATURES
- Utilizes a new technology in the manufacturing process.
- Instead of drawing the silicon into an ingot the vat of silicon is poured and cooled.
- This creates a distinct blue look of a polycrystalline solar panel.
- It is a faster and cheaper process than monocrystalline panels which produces less waste of silicon.
- However they do not have the same level of silicon purity with effects the efficiency and degradation rates of the panels.
POLYCRYSTALLINE SOLAR PANEL – ADVANTAGES
- Cheaper Than Monocrystalline Panels
- Less silicon waste in Manufacturing Process
POLYCRYSTALLINE SOLAR PANELS – DISADVANTAGES
- Poor performer in hotter environments
- Not aesthetically pleasing. Blue panels.
- Average panel efficiency is 13-16%, means you will need more panels
- Average solar panel degradation rate of .60%
- Lower purity level of silicon increases degradation rate
Three Types Of Solar Inverters
PHOTOVOLTAIC STRING INVERTER
STRING INVERTER W/ POWER OPTIMIZERS