Monocrystalline PV Solar Panels
Features, Advantages & Disadvantages of Monocrystalline Solar Panels
MONOCRYSTALLINE SOLAR PANEL – FEATURES
- Are produced using the Czochralski method where a silicon placed in a vat of molten silicon.
- This forms a silicon ingot that is cylindrical in shape.
- It then cut into 4 wafers which gives monocrystalline solar panels there unique look.
- The Czochralski method is a slower method that produces a higher level of silicon purity which gives Monocrystalline panels and edge in efficiency and long term durability over polycrystalline panels.
MONOCRYSTALLINE SOLAR PANEL – ADVANTAGES
- Performs better in high heat environments like Florida
- Perform better in low light situations
- Pleasing sleek and ecstatic look
- Average panel efficiency 15 -20% means fewer panels needed
- Average Solar Panel degradation of .36% a year
- Higher purity level of Silicon improves durability and degradation
PANELS – DISADVANTAGES
- There is more wasted silicon in the manufacturing process
- They are more expensive upfront but cheaper in the long run
Three Types Of Solar Inverters
PHOTOVOLTAIC STRING INVERTER
STRING INVERTER W/ POWER OPTIMIZERS